Become a Florida Bail Agent
Before you begin the process of becoming a licensed bail agent, you must first determine if you are qualified.
Following is a brief outline of the steps required to become a licensed surety agent in Florida:
- (1) Take and pass an approved 120-hour course.
- (2) Take and pass an approved correspondence course. (This class is given through the University of Florida. Call (800) 327-4218 and ask for information on INS 3 – Bail & Bail Bond Insurance in Florida.)
- (3) Submit an application for temporary agent license and undergo a background check.
- (4) Complete a one-year internship under a licensed bail agent.
- (5) Pass a final exam given by the Florida Department of Financial Services.
Steps (1) and (2) should be completed first and you may take these classes in any order you wish.